Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Is there a drunk entity ruining your life?

Folks, I might have mentioned this before, but I highly, totally, absolutely recommend the book A New Earth, by Eckhart Tolle. In it, you will find the ultimate secret for happiness, wealth and great sex.

Well, okay, maybe not that last one. (For that, you have to come to my secret underground seminar).

The main idea is that we all have an ego, and this ego is like a drunk man who is very unconscious of what he's doing. If you don't develop a keen awareness of your ego, it will destroy your life -- one moment at a time.

On the other hand, when you operate without an ego, you can achieve great things.

I speak from personal experience. In my youth, I was so "egoless" that everything came to me easily. I was able to get 4 standing ovations before I turned 18, and went to the prom with the most beautiful girl of the high school. She looked like Angelina Jolie, except she's much more naughty. I'm not kidding you.

Then, one day, something happened. I was sooooooo on top of the world that a mysterious entity appeared in my life -- in my consciousness, actually. I did not recognize it as the ego, but upon reading Eckhart Tolle now, it is clear to me that it was my (male) ego indeed.

This drunk entity crashed into my life party and proceeded to destroy EVERYTHING I had built so far, including a beautiful relationship with the most amazing, beautiful and angelic girl I have ever seen!

Anyways, after my life was thoroughly destroyed and I found myself flunking and dropping out of university and utterly confused about my life, I was lucky to stumble across the first book written by Dr Edward de Bono, called The Mechanism of Mind. I instantly recognized him as the genius he is, and proceeded to read and study ALL his books.

It's fair to say that Dr de Bono enabled me to rebuild the intellectual part of my life, since I learned awesome creativity techniques from him.

Today, it seems that Eckhart Tolle has the same effect on me, but at the spiritual level -- which is higher than the intellectual level.

As you read his book, think of what happened to young Anakin Skywalker. The Star Wars double trilogy is indeed a fantastic cinematic illustration of all the concepts explained by Eckhart.

I will write more about this topic in the upcoming days.