Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Seecret

http://www.thescienceofgettingrich.biz/ has a free 90-minute video on The Secret, view it before it's too late.

From the comments I've read, some people believe it, others don't. Both sides are extreme.

My take is that magic (belief, faith, visualization, etc.) is necessary, but not sufficient.

Magic is necessary, especially at the beginning since the undertaking of any great project requires tremendous faith. But logic is also required. Most people either believe in magic or logic. Few believe in both.

"Magic people" say: "Ready or not, here I come!" This is in fact how miracles happen: you know intellectually that you may not be ready for something, but your heart tells you to do it anyway. Success here simply means getting started.

"Logic people" say: "Income depends on outcome." They believe that you are paid ONLY in proportion to what you produce. They believe in rationality.

Magic opens up the universe, so your mind can fill it. In other words, something is only doable if it was first thinkable. If it's unthinkable to you, then it's impossible to you.

I know some of you may be thinking: "Peter, come on. Do you really believe in magic?"

All I can say is: "Reality obeys superior willpower." An author put it this way: "The world will make way for the man (or woman) who pushes past them." In other words, if you think something can stop you, IT WILL STOP YOU. The mere THOUGHT of that something will STOP YOU!

If you think that nothing can stop you, then nothing can stop you.

I've always thought that nothing could stop me. I don't feel superior to anyone else, because I believe that ANY person can feel the same way and achieve similar results.

Before I reached the age of 18, I already had 4 standing ovations. From my experience, I can tell you this: you need to believe BIG, but also act SMALL (on a daily basis).

In other words:
  1. Think big
  2. Start small
  3. Improve fast
Step 1 requires great belief and faith. You first have to SEE it in your mind (this is why I titled the blog www.theseecret.blogspot.com).

Step 2 requires that you design small tasks, so that as you accomplish those tasks, you feel more and more confident in your powers.

Step 3 requires that you carefully monitor, ON PAPER and with NUMBERS and STATS, your daily performance, so you can improve FAST.

But the absolute first step is to SEE the global picture and to think BIG.

Check my new blog on The Secret HERE.