Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wealth secret: You / Internet work ratio

Wealth is all about leverage, and here's a simple way to assess whether and how much you leverage the most powerful economic instrument I know: the Internet.

I call it the "You / Internet work ratio," and it basically compares your work input with the work input of the Internet.

For instance, I usually spend 5 minutes writing a post on this blog. But through Feedblitz (a free service I highly recommend), my posts are sent by the Internet directly into subscribers' email inbox.

The You / Internet work ratio also applies to the EASE with which you work.

For instance -- AND THIS IS TOTALLY AMAZING, I recently created a "voicelog" at www.successsecretsradio.blogspot.com where I can easily record my posts, and thousands of people can easily subscribe to them (or they can just hear the audio-posts by visiting the site).

Voicelogs are different from blogs, in that you don't have to write anything. You just speak into a microphone that records what you're saying, and then you can instantly share your thoughts and ideas and knowledge with the world!