Friday, May 09, 2008

What's your life theme?

I was reading the biography of well-known psychic and spiritual advisor Sylvia Browne, titled Adventures of a Psychic, and was completely fascinated by her story.

There's a practical chapter where she describes 45 life themes that seem to characterize people's lives.

According to her, prior to being born, we sat down and "planned" a detailed life experience (which I call a "karmic curriculum"!) through which we would learn, understand and evolve spiritually. Life, then, is a sort of school for the soul.

Apparently, we even chose every person in our lives, from our parents to our siblings, best friends, "enemies," and lovers.

I find this a little hard to believe, because if I could choose who would be in my romantic life, Kirsten Dunst would be my wife by now. But anyways! :-)

Her themes are quite accurate in describing what people's lives are all about.

Here are some themes:

Catalyst: people with this life theme tend to make things happen. Without them, nothing much would them. I thought of my sister Zoonie right away! Everywhere she goes, things begin to happen. Her energy is like a spark that ignites people's motivation and desire to do new stuff.

Intellectuality: people with this theme are "professional students." They love knowledge and they are reading and learning all the time. Sounds like the guy I see in the mirror when I shave! Often, people with this theme are "loners" so they sometimes need other people to help them bring their knowledge to the world. Without other people to extract them from their solitary study, their knowledge (acquired painfully and through much effort) would not serve a need in the world. Wow, I thought, Mrs Browne is really describing my biography!

There's actually a life theme called "Loser." I thought it was a typo and that she meant "Lover" (as in Casanova). But it was not a typo.

For some reason, these people chose this kind of life before they were born, in order to learn something. Often, they incarnate with this life theme to help someone else to express THEIR life theme (as helper or teacher, etc.).

Infallability: This is an interesting theme, it's about people who are born with every advantage imaginable: handsome, rich, surrounded by family, friends, etc. However, even these people have a challenge to overcome in life, for we are all born to evolve spiritually.

This book is amazing for parents, because parents often can discern a theme in their child's life.

But even if you are not a parent, going through the 45 themes can help you to identify at least one theme that seems to characterize your life so far, or your dominant personality.

Once you understand what you were meant to experience on Earth, the heightened clarity of mind will simplify your life and enable you to achieve joy more easily.

Anyways, that's what I think, and remember: my life theme is "intellectuality," meaning I'm gifted with knowledge! :-)