Thursday, August 10, 2006

A sincere effort is a prayer answered in advance

5:00

A young woman I have been coaching, has recently received the great news that an organization will train her and support her financially as she launches her dream business.

I'm very impressed by her performance. As a business coach, I can only provide knowledge and strategic intellectual support. The decision to go for one's dream (in this short, unique life on Earth) belongs to every person.

In other words, I tell all my clients: I may have the knowledge, but YOU have the power.

The power to decide.

Most people don't decide, and hence, they do not suspect the awesome power they have.

I remember my days before June 2000, when I quit corporate Canada for good. The only significant decision I made every day, was which tie to wear! No wonder I felt I didn't have control over my life! No wonder I felt powerless as an employee.

(This being said, I did generate $100,000+ in revenues for the company within a few months, and was approached by my boss' boss for a higher position in account management).

But to get back to the young woman I was helping, I would say that her impressive result is only an illustration of a principle that cannot fail: no sincere effort goes unrewarded.

In other words, a sincere and consistent effort is a prayer answered in advance.