Sunday, August 20, 2006

Imagination over intelligence

Einstein said that imagination is more important than intelligence.

If we don't play with our imagination and let it empower us, even at a metaphorical or psychic level, then we might be disadvantaged compared to others who DO use imagination as a source of creativity.

My above fictitious profile, for instance, serves to excite me to the possibilities open to my career. Most of the content is fictitious, of course, but there is a grain of truth to it.

In any case, I find it immensely rewarding and liberating to create an ideal character for myself. Indeed, once I freeze my intellectual judgment, I am much more free to explore the infinite possibilities open before me, and can envision future achievements that I simply would not have been capable of visualizing, without the suspension of reality or the use of imagination.