Monday, June 19, 2006

Buy the future for $40.00

Once every ten years, I go all out and recommend a book to all friends and family. A book that they must read if they are to survive in the future economy.

The time has come, and my unreserved recommendation is Revolutionary Wealth, by Alvin and Heidi Toffler. I've read all their previous works, and they have never disappointed.

(In fact, in the 80s, they predicted that by the year 2000, people will start working from home. In June 2000, I indeed started to work from home as a translator!).

They have always been sharp and prescient in their predictions, and this book, once again, is no exception to their unusual foresight about the future. The writing is as exciting as it is crisp. And their piercing vision into what the future holds for us has not diminished a bit in clarity, compared to previous works such as The Third Wave or Future Shock.

You can read the first chapter free HERE.

I bought the book myself, and I believe it is really what the future holds in store for us.

In other words, you can buy the future for only $40.00, and gain a competitive edge over others by learning first about the future and preparing for it today.