Sunday, August 05, 2007

Audio bank of knowledge

In the previous post, I argued in favor of creating a "career knowledge bank" in order to rapidly and effortlessly grow one's marketable knowledge.

In fact, you can also create an "audio" bank of knowledge by using a sound editing software like Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net)

Speaking into a microphone is often easier for people than writing a blog. Using Audacity, you can easily edit your recordings. For instance, you can insert a comment anywhere or delete any segment where you felt you did not share valuable knowledge. Or maybe there's a segment where you captured valuable knowledge, but the formulation could be improved for clarity.

In my case, I use both a foldable portable keyboard and Palm pilot, as well as an MP3 recorder to record my ideas and thoughts as I walk on the street or in a park. My MP3 recorder is as small as my index finger so I can carry it conveniently anywhere I go.