Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Systematic Wealth

"The fruit of success cannot be grabbed from another person's tree. It must come from your own tree. That is, success will naturally come to you as effortlessly and predictably as a ripe apple falling into your hand."

On April 16, 2002 I wrote in my diary: "A tool can be something that clarifies your mental processes." I also wrote on that day that "I am putting the full weight of my ideological conviction behind startup services."

Since then, I began to consciously study business and entrepreneurship in order to penetrate the secrets behind every great and successful business.

The book above, to be published in May of this year, is the culmination of my (exciting yet tremendously exhausting) search for the secret principles regulating every successful commercial enterprise.

In the next few postings, I'd like to share with you some of my findings in that book.

But right now, the success secret I want to leave you with is something Napoleon Hill wrote in his best-seller Think and Grow Rich. He said that great success and great wealth doesn't come from hard work or honesty although, of course, both are desirable. Rather, wealth comes from the correct application of principles.

In the book Systematic Wealth, I also explore the reasons why millions of people work hard every day, yet they do not get rich nor do they build tools that will allow them to achieve financial freedom. Why? Because they do every day what they have to do, but they don't think every day what they have to think.

In other words, their actions are good, but their thinking is not.

To borrow a line from Peter Drucker, I would say that they are doing things right, but they are not doing the right things.