Monday, July 24, 2006

The future: publishing via email

4:00

I really don't know why they keep printing books, especially on leadership, business, management, etc.

People don't have time to read nowadays. Yet publishers are still stuck on the idea that knowledge should be contained in a book.

I confess I'm a book worm, yet even I don't have time to read books! I just browse through them quickly, memorize five key ideas from each book (using Harry Lorraine's memory techniques) and then apply those ideas in my business (www.talentelle.com).

I browse about 30 books per week.

I predict that publishing, in the future, will use the good old email. That is, publishers will use RSS (like I do on this blog) to deliver valuable content right to people's inbox. Just one paragraph every day, nothing too demanding for the brain.