Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Living like a king

"An idea in the hands of talent, becomes capital."

When I first read it, I found that statement intriguing. Does it mean that "an idea in the hands of ordinary people, remains just an idea"?

Then I remembered having seen, in the news, many successful business ventures based on ideas that I had years ago. Why didn't I implement the idea in the marketplace? I could have become rich...

The truth is, I lacked courage. Or I had an abundance of self-doubts -- which is more or less the same as lacking courage.

It is only recently that I've discovered the truth that most people have at least one talent, but also that most people lack the courage to execute an idea they have.

I think an idea is just a football. Yes, you need someone to throw you that football, or maybe you're skillful enough to intercept it from the other team. But you still have to run FAST and FURIOUSLY across the football field to score a touchdown!

In the end, the self-made billionaire Ross Perot put it best: "It just takes one idea to live like a king for the rest of your life."