Thursday, June 23, 2011

Autoseminars -- The next big thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60nUiTrMvU

Since the summer of 2010, I've been studying and playing with a programming language in order to create an "autoseminar."

As the word implies, this is a seminar that runs "automatically."

In the above Youtube link, you can see how it works.

Before I explain further, I must say that you can benefit GREATLY from learning about how to program (and it's quite easy, will tell you more about it) because information technology is a POWERFUL way to LEVERAGE your expertise, assets, career, experience, business, etc.

In other words, you can only choose between LABOR and LEVERAGE.

Most people are "labor", that is, they work for a living. Nothing wrong with that.

I worked hard in my 20s for Fortune 500 companies and learned everything I could from them.

But most people eventually realize that you can't get LEVERAGE when you're LABOR.

Leverage simply means "doing a little to accomplish a lot."

Employees (that is, "labor") experience the opposite: they do a lot but cannot accomplish as much.

In fact, in today's competitive economy, employers will force employees to work harder and harder -- all for the same pay.

No wonder that I read in the news yesterday that according to a survey by Mercer Consulting, half of employees (in Canada) are "disengaged" from their work. They are actually looking for job opportunities elsewhere.

Since capitalism is a global phenomenon, I assume the same proportion of people are dissatisfied from their work in other countries like the US or Europe.

Yet, looking for another job is not the solution since chances are, the new employer will apply the same pressure. It's not that bosses are evil or malevolent, it's just that under the rules of capitalism, BUSINESS OWNERS MUST EXPLOIT LABOR.

That is the only way to continually increase profits (which is what business owners and shareholders want).

If you're an employee, you want to shift from being "labor" to creating "leverage."

I understood this since June 2000, when I quit corporate Canada for good (I was 31 years old).

So during the following 10 years, I searched for ways to create LEVERAGE in order to ensure my economic survival.

I thought of talent (my own and other people's talent), knowledge, skills, etc.

But ultimately, in 2010, I discovered -- in large part thanks to Ray Kurzweil's ideas about exponential growth through information technology -- that artificial intelligence and expert systems and computer programming are THE ultimate leverage.

It is no accident that 7 out of the 10 biggest firms in the US are related to software: Oracle, Microsoft, etc.

Now, to get back to the Youtube video above, what I wanted to show you was that I used a simple scripting language to create an executable file.

Then, as you can see in the video, I opened that file (named "bmwseminar$20.exe").

Next, as if by magic, a stream of text, strategically timed, appears on the computer screen.

Notice that this streaming text is NOT like a page of static text: because the text is flowing continuously, you are driven to read fast and not read in a leisurely, idle manner.

This executable file is called an "autoseminar" because the seminar runs automatically on the client's computer screen.

This file is literally a product I created, which can be sold or given away. It took me one day to write it.

More details about the principles behind the BMW seminar can be found at http://businessmodelworkout.blogspot.com.

What do I wonder whether "autoseminars" are the next big thing?

That's because the New Economy will be extremely competitive, and training/education will be products very much in demand.

So your ability to create or resell (other people's training products) will be key to your success.

Don't worry at all if you don't know how to program, I will teach you. It's quite simple, I learned in a few days.

Once you know how to program, you can create executable files of increasing sophistication and be able to sell them for up to $500 or even more (on sites like freemarket.com).