Friday, August 22, 2008

Are you having an exciting life?

Before I turned 18, I had already received 4 standing ovations (for two literary contests I won, for being Valedictorian of my high school, and for winning the Excellence and Leadership Award from the Montreal Catholic School Board.

I've been surprisingly successful in many other areas as well, such as calligraphy, business, innovation and journalism.

I'm not mentioning this to brag, because I have a very small ego. In fact, I believe that every person is capable of achieving great things if only he/she knew the few secrets about how excellence happens.

In the ebook The Secret Sequence of Success, available at http://peterswork.wordpress.com, I explain via diagrams HOW excellence happens. This sequence is "secret" because it is neither published nor taught in any school or university.

If you are a parent, I strongly urge you to buy this ebook. Without it, your kids cannot possibly become the best in their chosen field.

It is sad but true that the majority of people live through life without ever achieving eminence in anything worthwhile. They have never heard of Baltasar Gracian's admonition to "be the best at what matters most."

In fact, human beings go through life believing that they are NOT special, and that they should just do what everybody else is doing: live a completely unremarkable life.

This morning, I woke up with an insight and immediately knew that such an insight would shock many people. But since I've always told you the truth as I saw it, here goes:

If you can't imagine your life being captured in the form of a biography or movie that people would want to read or watch, then you have NOT lived.

The good news is, it's never too late for your exciting life to start!

My autobiography is called "The Super Peter Identity." This is not to be confused with the Matt Damon movie The Bourne Identity. I don't go around killing people. Not yet, anyways!

There's one part of my book where I talk about how I once dated a foreign spy from a Montreal-based embassy. This is a true story, I'm not making this up!

There's another part where I talk about how two breathtakingly beautiful girls decided to date me on the same evening! They're both extremely sensual dancers. The following day, I had back problems. Just kidding.

A lot of strange, exotic, memorable things happen in my life because I'm open to new experiences. There's nothing I hate more than routine.

One of my mottos is, "Don't happen to live. Live to happen!"

An old saying goes, "Youth is wasted on the young." It would be equally true to say that "Life is wasted on most people!"

Please don't take offense if your life is boring. Like I said, it's never too late for your exciting life to start.

The key is to stop thinking so much, and to start being spontaneous. Just feel what it is that you are feeling, and go with the flow. Don't resist the unexpected. Embrace it, and charge with it -- full steam ahead!

Here's another memorable thing I remember a few years ago. I was dating this ultra-gorgeous redhead and we were in a restaurant, when I said something a bit shocking and she just stood up and walked toward the exit. However, rather than walk out the door, she suddenly turned around and walked toward me. I thought, "Okay, Peter, she'll apologize. Be generous and magnanimous! Bestow your forgiveness on her!"

It turned out that she just wanted to pay for her dinner! She put some money on the table and walked out the door.

Now, before you jump to conclusions, let me just say that she's an actress. She loves to create this sort of drama. I was able to tame her eventually, but that's another story.

Enough about me, what about you? What is the most incredible thing that happened to you? And how can you make sure that similar events happen again and again in your life?