Wednesday, May 17, 2006

183. The Da Vinci Code

The Da Vinci Code movie came out today. I want to see it because I like Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou.

But to tell you the truth, I came across much more powerful "secrets" when I was a teenager, when my father gave me a little book written by the founder of Opus Dei himself, St Josemaria Escriva.

Sample here: http://www.escrivaworks.org/book/the_way/point/30

You don't have to be Catholic to appreciate his unrelenting advice to young people to be without compromise and to commit wholly to what one is doing. Excellence is the name of the game.

Unconsciously, I guess I assimilated the advice provided in that book, which I've found quite useful in my formative years.

But even though I like to think that I've developed (incredible) self-discipline, I'm still too feeble-minded and cannot resist going to the movies to see The Da Vinci Code!