Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dr. Wayne Dyer's You Inspire Me show

"Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into."

- Wayne Dyer

=====

I just finished watching Dr. Wayne Dyer's You Inspire Me show on PBS and, once again, he left me filled with a strange spiritual glow and renewed wonder for the mystery that life is.

Of course, the first thing I did afterward is go on the Internet and find all the quotes penned by this spiritual master. The above quote summarizes aptly, I believe, a major and recurring idea in his work.

The following passage, however, is what he talked about extensively in his show. It is marvelously poetic and inspiring, and I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction, and you find yourself in a new, great, and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and your discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be."

- Patanjali