Thursday, October 05, 2006

The more you give, the more you will receive

This is hard to believe, and I'm not smart enough to know exactly how it works, but let me assure you that this Cosmic Rule really, really works: "The more you give, the more you will receive."

I remember the beginning of 2005, my sister Zoonie and I launched Share & Learn, a knowledge-sharing company. In our business plan, we wrote that the strategy was to give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give, give everything we got to people.

Then, after a few workshops, we "stumbled" across a major innovation: the Ideal Career workshop, which to me seems like it came to us straight from Heaven.

Next, a few months later, another innovation "fell from Heaven": the BMW workshop (www.businessmodelworkout.blogspot.com).

I wish I could tell you that I had a smart innovation process that enabled me to create the BMW workshop, but in fact, it was one coincidence after another, which led to the creation of that powerful workshop.

Here's the most "rational" explanation I can come up with: in our heart of hearts, Zoonie and I ruly and sincerely wanted to help people and do everything we could, and in the course of expressing that magical intent, we somehow opened in ourselves a source through which cosmic energy and imagination poured themselves into our consciousness.

In short, the more you give, the more you will receive.

Same story with my idea of starting this blog. So far, I've written over 450 postings and so many people have written to thank me. One gentleman kindly mentioned he went on vacation and spent the first three days reading all my postings (which he had printed out and neatly packaged into a bound booklet).

All I wanted to do was share the knowledge I've gained from reading books. Yet, I've gained SO MUCH from writing this blog! So many ideas came to my mind mysteriously, out of nowhere!

I think that when we decide to help other human beings, somehow, maybe God sees our good intention and so, to encourage us, He sends us gifts from Heaven: ideas, encounters, coincidences, etc. Well, I'm still hoping God would send me a winning lottery ticket! :-P

After all, if you were a parent and you saw your child do something out of his/her good heart, wouldn't you want to give him/her a reward?

In the end, I think that perhaps the greatest success secret is this: Love is the ultimate and infinite force in the universe. When we unleash it by giving stuff to other people, to help them or improve their lives, then Love begins to work for us.

Maybe this is what author Wayne Dyer meant when he wrote: "Wealth is not something we acquire, but something we tune into."